My wife took out a life insurance policy.She was heatlty with no serious issues.

Metlife not only gathered all of her medical records, but had her undergo a medical exam. A year and a half later, she died unexpectedly. Metlife has now decided that it needs to review everything all over again, including getting the same records again, to see "if we missed something" in the underwritning process to find reason to deny the claim.

It has now been months longer than state law says it must settle the claim and I am getting excuses about Metlife not being able to get records from a doctor my wife saw a decade ago for a sore back as a reason for not paying.I will have to file a lawsuit to get this company to live up to its obligations.

Review about: Metlife Medical Claim.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Had an Experience with Metlife?

Comments

File suit.I was just told that they were cancelling my husband's critical illness policy because it had paid out in 2014.

Yes it did but, we were under assumption that the policy would continue to pay in incidence of other types of critical illness not previously paid out on.

Odd that they have been accepting premiums from us for the same for 3 years now.Somebody better explain and quickly.

Safeco Insurance - Safeco Claims the WORST EVER Safeco Insurance "On July 11th, 2017 we noticed that our hardwood floor in our kitchen and hall had erupted due to a water leak at the refrigerator. The continuous hardwood floor consists..." Read more State Farm Insurance - Daughter was hit after she put car into reverse, she maintains that she never moved and stayed in the grass area she was parked in State Farm Insurance "4/29/2017 daughter was delayed leaving work because the school was shut down letting no one in or out until they were told. Once she was released she went to the..." Read more Farmers Insurance Group - "Do the right thing!" Farmers Insurance Group "I deal with all insurance carriers and farmers is one of the worst. I am a roofing contractor in Colorado and have 2 clients one husband & wife 40 +..." Read more Hole In One International - YES THEY ARE The Worst See my story of going banckrupt dealing with them Hole In One International "I worked with a few different companies in the sports industry then these jokers at Hole in One International Odds on Promotions came around when I was a bit..." Read more Fanatics - Terrible Terrible store Fanatics "Please do not buy from Fanatics, Fans Edge, or College Football store. (all the same place) I bought 3 shirts from Fanatics, took forever to get them, and when I..." Read more Other Company - Beware purchasing a "Cozy Trike" from epizontech.com Other Company "This review is about the people who sell this bike. The bike itself is OK, although badly welded and painted. The problem is, other than placing an order you cannot..." Read more Falken Tire - Belt broke(?) and tire shredded Falken Tire "I was traveling out-of-state and became aware of a vibration and rumbling sound. At first I thought it might be road noise, but when I got on the interstate highway,..." Read more Coaster Furniture - Damage Head board Coaster Furniture "I purchase the Felicity Collection item # 300345Q Queen bed from American Furniture Outlet on 1233 Sand Lake Road Orlando fl 32809 I received my furniture September 15th 2017 I..." Read more