My wife took out a life insurance policy.She was heatlty with no serious issues.

Metlife not only gathered all of her medical records, but had her undergo a medical exam. A year and a half later, she died unexpectedly. Metlife has now decided that it needs to review everything all over again, including getting the same records again, to see "if we missed something" in the underwritning process to find reason to deny the claim.

It has now been months longer than state law says it must settle the claim and I am getting excuses about Metlife not being able to get records from a doctor my wife saw a decade ago for a sore back as a reason for not paying.I will have to file a lawsuit to get this company to live up to its obligations.

Review about: Metlife Medical Claim.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Had an Experience with Metlife?

Comments

File suit.I was just told that they were cancelling my husband's critical illness policy because it had paid out in 2014.

Yes it did but, we were under assumption that the policy would continue to pay in incidence of other types of critical illness not previously paid out on.

Odd that they have been accepting premiums from us for the same for 3 years now.Somebody better explain and quickly.